Sunday, August 31, 2014

Jamberry Nails Review

One of my sister's friends gave me a Jamberry nail sample to try out last night.  I was excited because I have been hearing about Jamberry from multiple people and had been wanting to test them out.  Basically, it is like a decal or sticker you apply to your nails that is supposed to last longer than regular polish. They run about $15 per sheet and you should be able to get a few manicures from each sheet.  So, price-wise it is a pretty good deal.  If they work.

Here is the sample I was given.  The colors are not really my style at all, but I saw another person with the same ones on and they looked fabulous, so I figured, Why not?

Sample via Kimberly Jennex
Sample via Kimberly Jennex

I tried them today and here is my opinion.

Please note, I did a quick manicure (removed old polish, cleaned up cuticles a bit, filed and then cleaned my nails with alcohol) prior to application.

First, the sizes seem to be way off.  There was not one that fit my thumb at all and I just used the best size for each of the other nails.  I applied them using both the heat, then apply and the apply to the nail, then heat methods (per the Jamberry website application videos).  Both seemed to work about the same.  It took some trial and error to get the excess to file off properly, but I figured that out without too much of a problem.  Overall, they look pretty.  Definitely not my usual style, but fun to try out for free.  

   

The main pros to me are they don't smell at all, no dry time and they are shiny.  The lack of smell is a big deal to me, since I'm super sensitive to most scents.  No dry time is great, too. This means you could apply before bed or when you have somewhere to go and don't have a lot of time to use actual nail polish.  No dry time = No smudges at all.

Cons would be the sizing and the slight ripples on some of them (which may be caused by how I applied/filed them).  The sizing really bothers me because I really like a nice, polished nail and seeing the sides of my nail where the nail decal didn't extend to is a bit annoying.

Time-wise it took about the same as a regular manicure.  Most likely the application time and the way they look will improve with more practice.  They are supposed to last for up to two weeks on nails and four weeks on toenails, but if they last more than five days on my nails I would be happy and consider purchasing some of the more conservative styles.

So, what do you think?  Have you tried Jamberry Nails yet?  How did they turn out?  On the fence?  Order some and give them a try!  If you need a consultant, feel free to use this link to Kim's Jamberry page.

3 comments:

  1. The player can use one particular character to finish a mission while in other cases two or the 3 characters are required to finish the mission. Author is an expert of pc games, check here for more interesting information.

    ReplyDelete