Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Hall Closet Organization: Part One: Ideas & Inspiration

The Linen/Hall Closet aka The Hot Mess in our home has been on my "to do" list for...well, forever!  I am almost too embarrassed to even post my before pictures.  If it were up to me, it would never be a mess.  Alas, an eight-year-old, a messy husband and one other person who shall not be named (my MOTHER!) get their hands in there and POOF! it becomes a hot mess.  None of them will admit this, you see, so that means I am left with the task of organizing and reorganizing and...you get the picture, right?!

Enough is enough!  I need a functional, user-friendly hall closet.  Sooner, rather than later.

In all fairness, our Linen/Hall Closet has a lot to handle.  Not only does it house linens, towels, etc., but it is also home to medicines, vitamins and first-aid paraphernalia, as well as unopened toiletries such as dental floss, toothpaste, soaps, shower gels, razors, cotton balls, etc.  Now, that is a lot.  Factor in my obsession with Bath & Body Works sales, and there really is not a lot of extra space.  If any.

My ideas for our space are simple:
  • Streamline the space
  • Tidy it up in order to be super organized and efficient
  • Make things easy to locate
  • Make things easy to put back (this is the biggest problem our family faces)
  • Possibly make room for toilet paper and paper towels (I wish, I wish!)
 
  My dreams for our space:
  • Adjustable Shelves
  • Lined shelves (a pretty, clean pattern and something I won't loathe in a few months)
  • All white linens & towels (this is something I have actually been working on the past 6 months or so)
  • Ironing Board Storage

I have been searching the web for some inspiration.

I am for sure not going to go as far as ironing every single sheet and pillow case to make my Linen Closet look this fab:
image via Martha Stewart
But, a girl can dream, eh?
 
I LOVE this:
image via a blog I found via Pinterest

This is pretty:
image via Style at Home

Ironing Board Storage:
image via Collect 5

I adore this "basket" for each room idea:
image via Collect 5

One last thing.
I absolutely love this and aim to at least try it.  I am not sure I will be able to make it look as perfect, but I am going to try my best!
image via Martha Stewart

I could seriously do this all day.  Seriously.  Once I get started browsing for ideas on Pinterest or the web, there is no stopping me!

Do you Pin?  If so, feel free to check out my boards.  I promise they are super organized and full of a ton of home inspiration ideas.

I need to back away from the computer and get busy on my closet makeover.
"Part Two" to follow soon...

As always, thank you so much for reading.  Please leave a comment.  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment