Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Easy Peasy Health(ier) Nachos

What makes this recipe so great?
First, It is easy.
Second, it is lower in fat than traditional nachos.
Third, you can make it at home.
Fourth, it is super quick.
Fifth, your options are limitless.

Please note, I have listed the brands I prefer to use, but you can use any brand you prefer.  Ready?  Here is what you will need...

Ingredients:

1 Bag of Padrinos Reduced Fat Tortilla Chips

(2) 16 ounce cans of Rosarita Fat Free Refried beans, heated

(1) pound of Laura's Lean Ground Beef, seasoned, browned and crumbled

1 pkg of Kraft Reduced Fat Shredded Cheese

1 Bunch of Chives (aka Green Onion) finely diced

Prefer a different meat?  You could easily use shredded chicken, beef, etc.
Want to make it Vegetarian?  Forget the meat and add some additional veggies (ideas: olives, tomatoes, additional types of beans, etc.)

This recipe is all about layers....

Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
To make clean up as easy as possible, I line my casserole dish with foil before adding any ingredients. This recipe makes approximately 10 servings.

Layer the ingredients in this order:

Chips, Beans, Meat, Cheese, Chives.

You will have something that resembles this:


Bake in the oven for approximately 20-25 minutes (the cheese will be completely melted) and Voila!

You have a healthier version of nachos that even the kids can throw together.


If you must know the calorie content for this recipe, head over to My Fitness Pal and figure it out.  I kid, I kid.  I already did it for you!


Thanks for reading and please leave a comment.  I really do read them all.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment